Leadership Skills – Schedule
PROfound Leadership is offering a range of elite events.
We are passionate about empowering self-driven and competent managers with world-class professional development and teaching the fastest way to not only accomplish tangible achievements, but to increase their confidence and fulfilment.
- This event has passed.
Managing difficult conversations | Workshop (VDC)
16 April @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm AEST$220
Managing difficult conversations
Facilitated by: Martin Probst - Chief Education Officer, PROfound Leadership
We can choose to evade difficult conversations. They seem too hard, and we don’t know what to say or how to say it. The problem is that the problems remain unresolved. Sometimes we initiate difficult conversations and wish we knew how to handle them better. Here’s the upside: there are well tested strategies we can learn to employ which flip difficult conversations into constructive conversations.
This workshop is an opportunity to learn how to secure productive outcomes from conflict with practical tips and techniques for better conversations. Difficult conversations might remain difficult, but the workshop gives you the know-how to manage them with understanding, skill, poise and confidence.
Bring along your own experiences and challenges and we’ll work together to create strategies to move forward with those difficult conversations.
- Team Leaders
- Trainers & Assessors
- Practical tips and techniques that lead to better conversations
- Increased confidence to recognise, structure and manage challenging conversations
- Ability to ask any subject related questions with instant access to different perspectives and a range of solutions
- Workbook to guide participants through the training, take notes and reflect on their learnings at a later stage.
- Recognising and managing difficult behaviours early
- Understanding conflict and the importance of a win/win approach
- Dealing with high emotions during crucial conversations
- Developing skills and confidence to have constructive conversations
- Structuring conversations and gaining confidence to turn dysfunctional situations into productive outcomes.
- Utilising real workplace challenges for discussions in a group learning environment
- Exercises to encourage reflection on own behaviours and those of others, and implication they have in conversations
- Interactive activities to discuss participants’ challenges and identify strategies to overcome them
What do past workshop participants say?
[Workshop Innovative teaching practices for adult learning]. Martin was very professional and his speaking / training style was very effective. Participants felt very relaxed, yet engaged.
The Motivation and Inspiration in Leadership presentation was a tremendous success, attracting a diverse range and level of attendees. Your presentation was informative and many commented on how they reflected on their own practices. It also allowed for the reflection on workplace practices within their organisation.
[Workshop Confident Conflict Management]. The presenter is very pleasant, humorous, engaging, and great attitude. "Who is in control of your mind?"
Thanks again, Martin, for your excellent presentation and fabulous notes [on Influencing Positive Behaviours]. My colleagues and I were just reading through them, noticing our resonance with the different perceptual frameworks - very useful to facilitate enhanced connection with people, which is what we’re all about here! Your presentation came up repeatedly throughout the rest of our education day, so you really nailed it. Many thanks indeed.
"Insightful, deep, lots of reason and logical concepts."
"Excellent presentation. Thanks for sharing your experience, wisdom and knowledge. Brilliant presentation."
"Martin was very engaging and motivating."
"Lots of day-to-day examples to explain what was being discussed and understand better."
Favourite part of the workshop: "All of it." & "Insightful. Thought provoking. Martin's very clear and entertaining delivery of the topic."
"Excellent presenter – you are very engaging and easy to listen to."
"Great discussion, could relate not only on a personal level but also work."
"Thank you. I am inspired and influenced to make some changes in myself to help myself and others be more successful."
"It was a fantastic opportunity to access such a wonderful speaker."
"Not just thought provoking but life changing."
"Presenter used real-life examples."
"Thank you, I have enjoyed it immensely and took a lot away."
"Would be interested in attending more workshops."
"Very valuable insight"
"Very insightful and knowledgeable facilitator"
"Very good discussions"
All testimonials viewed on this page are either full writings or part of a more detailed writing – all happily supplied from delighted clients. Naturally, their full identities are withheld to protect their privacy.